Thursday 25 August 2011

Best Way to Housebreak a German Shepherd Puppy


Housebreaking a german shepherd dog is no easy task. After first adopting Bruno I quickly noticed that he kept peeing all over the place, but mostly in one particular location inside my living room. I decided that I was not going to have any of it. So one day after my puppy just finished leaking on my hardwood floor I took him out, pointed to the grass, and yelled "Pee here!". It's quite silly to think back now after I learned that this method absolutely doesn't work.

But what methods do work to help housebreak your puppy? I have found one simple method that helped me potty train my puppy and I have never had any problems since. My puppy now lets me know that he wants to go pee pee by ringing a little bell next to the door. This makes everything much simpler for me. Every time I see Bruno waiting patiently at the door to be taken out I get a tear in my eye because it brings me such joy to have trained him all by myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment