Monday 26 March 2012

The Determination of a Dog - Business - Networking


I have to tell you about something that happened to me last night. Jacques and I have 3 dogs at home. Sorry not dogs, Furry Kids. Anyway, we have a Dachshund called Joey, a Fox Terrier called J.J, and a German shepherd called Nikita. This funny story of mine is about Nikita. My lesson learned was that we can learn so much from animals.

Last night I was sitting outside talking on the phone to a friend of mine. My Dachshund Joey came to me looking for a little attention. Ignoring him, I went on with my conversation. With pulled down ears, he gave up and went to lie down on his blanket.Not long after that came my Foxy J.J., also looking for attention, yet again I went on with my conversation and yet again just like Joey, J.J. gave up and when to lie down on the same blanket as Joey.

My German Shepherd Nikita, with ball in mouth came up to me wanting me to throw the ball. Yet again I just went on with my conversation. But she would not stand for this; she very softly put one paw on my leg to get me to throw the ball. Still not taking any notice, she put the other paw on my other leg, now sitting on her hind legs. Trying to shove her off she then decided to make her point even stronger, and jumped up right on top of me! I weigh about 120 pounds, she weighs around 65 pounds. Trust me with this dog on top of me I couldnt move. I battled for about 5 minutes to get her off. Still I did not throw the ball and yet again she came to me ball in mouth. This time I was not going to let this dog share a chair with me, so I threw the ball for her.

This got me thinking. We can really learn a lot from our animals. How many times do we give up on something and lie down when we dont get it right the first time? Why do we give up so easily when persisting and not giving up will get the results that we want? Now I am not saying jump on everyones lap when you want something. But dont give up so easily. We have the tendency to give up when we dont see results immediately, and so many times results are just around the corner.

So the next time when you want to give up on something, business or personal, remember that saying: If at first you dont succeed, try againif you still dont succeed, try harder.

You gotta love him.

Irene Steyl

Go and have a look at Jacques website



No comments:

Post a Comment