Tuesday 27 March 2012

My LIfe With My Dogs. - Other


Well you have come to the right website to talk about dogs. I love my dogs. I guess I just should have had a zoo with all of the dogs that I have had all my life. The first dog we ever had was Cheri. He was a French poodle that was born on Pearl Harbor day. Our family got him when I was about 5 years old and we had him unil someone left the gate open and he was killed on the highway. He was old and could not see that he has wondered out into the road.

Later on we found a dog that just wondered into the yard one day. She was a young female black Labrador Retriever. We kept her for a while until my dad said that we had to find a home for her. We did just that in a neighboring town about 30 miles away. They had her for 3 days until Mom and I just had to go and get her. We cried the entire time she was gone because we had missed her so much. We named her Duchess. She was the smartest dog. She would do anything for a treat. I can remember in one afternoon I had taught her so many tricks. I taught her how to roll over,play dead,sit and to shake hands. She also learned how to go out every morning to get the paper. If we did not get a paper one morning because maybe the paperboy forgot us that was not a problem. Duchess would find us a paper nearby and bring it to us. She was the best dog ever.

We found another dog named Brandy. He was a beautiful part irish setter and part something else. He was also another stray dog that had previously been hit by a car and his leg healed in a mangled position. We did not have him very long until he died with a heart condition. Here Mom and I go again.

I had a bunch more dogs in between. Actually with the German Shepherd Sandy my new husband and I had 6 other dogs. They ranged from a Dauchsand to Golden Labs. The animals always seemed to find their ways to our house. They must had had ads up in places that if they needed a home where they were loved, out place was the one to come too.

The Doberman Lady wondered up one day with sores all over her. It looked as if she was not getting the nourishment that she was needing or either she was mistreated somehow. She was not with us long when her coat was pretty again. She was a most loving dog and she loved everyone.

And that brings us up to the current date. All I had for many years was Lady or that was the case until my son Chris brought home Gage, a mistreated Pitt Bull at 6 weeks old. His lip was swollen because of abuse. One look at him and he did not go back to where he was taken from. He was the cutest dog and it is not true about what they say about Pitt Bulls. They are the way that you treat them. Shortly thereafter my son found Ami, a female dog, in the middle of rush hour traffic. She became another pet and before long we had puppies. That is how we have seven dogs now. They are not inside dogs though at least not all of them are. We have three inside and four outside which they are not really outside because they have the sunroom. The females have all been spayed and we are now working on the males. One of the males Buddy has a posession problem. He adores my boyfriend and me and won't let his dad Gage near us. One day Buddy beat up his dad Gage real bad. We had to take Gag e to the Vet's office and get staples. That is how Gage is now an inside dog because we can't have that happen again. The little family was all in the sunroom and backyard too but we had to separate them because of Buddy. They have a nice new fenced in yard that they hang out in all day. They won't even go inside their sunroom because it is so nice for them in the backyard. Now we need to get them a very large doghouse to stay in since they love it in the backyard all day.

I have created a blog and soon I will have pictures of all the dogs on my blog. Please come and check it out. I also have many products that are for sale on the blog that just might interest you. Come and talk about your dogs and experiences. We would love to hear from you all. Thanks Debbie.



No comments:

Post a Comment